Wednesday, January 16, 2008


Yesterday I celebrated my birthday and I tell you the truth the birthdays are coming faster and faster each year however; I feel blessed to be among the land of the living. I think about the friends that I used to celebrate my special day with and now so many of them have since departed this earth. I miss my friends and yesterday just didn't seem fair to be celebrating without them, and from time to time I still ask myself the question: "why them and not me?" Instead of feeling special yesterday I felt anything but special instead I was sad, woebegone or maybe it was melancholy either way I did not feel much like celebrating until a co-worker caught me teary eyed and said "cheer up the kids are fine, and no doubt they are having fun up above." I had to laugh because she was probably right! No doubt they are all up to their old antics and probably reading me for not going out and getting busy with some stripper. Lilly made the day by bringing me a gift with a card attached the card was in a pink envelope and the card played "I will Survive" my co-workers (most of them) have always thought that Lilly and I were dating until today when I opened that card the Rainbow Flag went up and the message went out! No problem I have not been in the closet for years and there is no hiding my sexuality or preference. Debbie called and she has arranged for me to attend a show with male strippers during my visit to Atlanta (MLK Weekend) if I get someone to handle my caseload next week. After all the day was good.

No comments: