Monday, January 7, 2008

Dating Me


Here it is seven days into the new year and I have gone to the cinema twice by myself, I call it "Dating Myself." Last week I treated myself to a date it was simple a movie and a meal then home for a night cap. Yesterday I decided that since no one had called to invite me out this weekend once again I would take myself out, this time shopping, dinner and a movie. I must admit that dating yourself isn't so bad, in fact it was within my budget, I had a good time and no regrets the following morning. I have decided that for my birthday I will treat myself to a trip which really isn't a self date, but a trip. Oh by the way both of the movies were good, last week it was I am Legend (creepy at times, but good), this past Sunday I went to see Kite Runner (this film was a tear jerker for me), it is really a good movie and heartfelt.

5 comments:

WhozHe said...

Showing love to yourself is priceless.

Eb the Celeb said...

I am about to start dating myself!

Promiscuous X said...

Thats whats up a lil self love. I did that last saturday. Date away my brotha lol

Specialk261 said...

well i really commend you for taking initiative in youself...glad you enjoyed being with yourself..its certainly an unconventional way to do things but good that you didn't stay home and sobb like most other peeps would...shows that your an independents thinker...the funny thing is I was walking by this restaurant in NYC the other day and looked in at this guy sitting all by himself in relatively nice restaurant and in someway feeling a bit disappointed for him..maybe he was doing the same thing you were doing..in that case i hope he enjoyed himself...guess the closest thing i do to that is taking a walk with myself..haven't in a while though..reaches the same ends though...happy b-day in advance!!!

Chet said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog, and thanks for the well wishes.