Monday, July 14, 2008

Just a little bit of Jazz and Art

Here it is Monday and I gotta admit the weekend went to fast; it was a good weekend. I spent Friday evening with Jeffrey he is really a nice brotha and has a heart of gold. Oh Jeffrey is the brotha I encountered at work (Mister Security Personnel). I had apologized to him a couple of days ago and he said "he totally understood why I acted like a damn fool." I had to laugh because he was spreading the gospel.

We exchanged numbers now keep in mind he already has the private number which I may do away with as soon as of tomorrow, I telephoned him Thursday evening and we talked then texted each other the remainder of the evening, after talking to him I learned a lot about him and I thought I knew pain hell my pain is a mosquito bite compared to his pain. Jeffrey and I have actually crossed paths earlier in life during my bars nights no doubt, yes I used to be a bar fly. This was years ago. He knew me during my carefree days and clubbing in Chicago with my best friend.

Jeffrey never caught my attention before, but now I am disappointed that I had not paid more attention because he is a very nice person and he is handsome in his own way with a nice body, but I am not trying to get with all that right now, I just want to be friends and I am certain that is his motive or intention as well. It would be very nice to have a good male friend right here in town, now there is nothing wrong with my girlfriends, but there are limits as to what you can share with them and tell them although I do have two triple G's (Good Good Girlfriends) that I share almost everything with secrets the whole nine yards, but I do appreciate having that good male friend and I have reason to believe that Jeffrey is going to be my boi (no disrespect George, Greg and Bill) yall my homies, but shit we don't hang like we did in college now that you have lovers and shyte. I know I was absent during my relationships too.

We made plans to meet on the Square on Saturday for the Art fair on the Square then take in some jazz at Memorial Union on Campus. The brotha showed up looking so damn good once again I hit the pavement! I had to gather my composure. I did jeans and a tee while brothaman was in shorts, wifebeater and sandals ( I love feet and he has nice feet). After talking with Jeffrey, I was able to stop entertaining the sexual thoughts and realize I like him, but I would rather have him as a friend. Not going to fuck up this friendship or turn it into a circus.

Gotta go my cellular is chiming and you know who that be... Holla at ya later.

5 comments:

Curious said...

There is nothing like having a couple of tripple G's, but a really good male friend is someone that you can share stuff without even having to talk about it because they already know what it's about since they've been there already and they are now here for you. Of course being men, that can be fucked up by competing with each other or even fucking each other during the weak times.

Q said...

Ooooh...He sounds cute boot! If yall are just gonna be friends, ship his ass here to D.C. I'll take him, Shit! lol...

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

Becareful, he might be crazy...Did you find out yet, how he found out your private line number, or email address, and why he listens outside your office, to know you cry there sometimes...figure that stuff out first!

If he turns out to be cool, then continue with this friendship, see what happens 6- 12 months later...who knows, you might want to turn it into more than friends. They say the best relationships, starts as friends first.

I have a feeling your going to screw him anyway in the next few months, but it's cool you are at least trying to do the friend thing first.

fuzzy said...

yea answer that cellie! lol

I am glad someone realizes that friendship is worth a bit more than a thrill. Friendships last longer!

autonomous said...

I concur with fuzzy.
friendship