Friday, December 7, 2007

Holding on to Things


This day sucks and it sucks to be me! My day started out all wrong; damn more snow last night, and to make matters worst the city has taken it sweet time to clean streets and other common areas, and the sidewalks are from hell!

I spent nearly six minutes trying to cross the street to catch a bus for downtown and you would think that the traffic would yield a tad bit to allow pedestrians across the street, but no they ignore us and continue driving some at speeds that exceed the limit. Finally I get across the street only to discover that the bus is actually on time and I have to make a run for it, but not without cost... I am running full speed to catch the bus only to have my MP3 fly from my pocket and ear piece hanging in my ear. Another ninety dollars thrown away; of course I could have gotten off at the next stop to search for it, but whats the use damn thing probably broke, so I stood on the bus angry as hell.

Each year I loose something personal with the exception of my sanity which is bound to go next. Last year I lost a cellular phone running for the bus, year prior a pair of glasses I either have to stop running for the bus or leave a half hour earlier...you think?

1 comment:

That Dude Right There said...

I think that leaving a little earlier would help.