Thursday, December 20, 2007

99 and still behind


Here it is just a few days from the big holiday and as usual I am unprepared, but this year it doesn't really phase me that much. I just left the mall and I was really surprised to see so many shoppers dashing to do their last minute shopping, as a last minute shopper or procrastinator I know all too well if you snooze you loose. There is absolutely nothing left on the racks that if you shop the racks and I do, no tailor-made here or high end boutiques. I too was looking for that special gift for my friend that is all so special to me, just not special enough for me to shop early and get a nice gift for the friend, no I wait until just days before we exchange gifts and she always gives me a variety of nice small gifts and I have given her gift cards, or something I have thrown together at the last minute; does that make me a bad friend?

What is the business with re gifting? During a recent holiday gathering I noticed that a co-worker that had been given a particular gift item from our boss last year resurfaced this time as a gift to yet another co-worker. The gift has been bouncing around re gift after re gift, all my co worker needed to do was return it and select something he wanted instead, but oh no he decides to re gift.

Well once again we are allowed to call The Holiday Tree a Christmas Tree, the last couple of years there had been issues surrounding the title of the State Christmas/Holiday Tree. According to our politicians and some Madisonians the tree should be known and called a Holiday Tree so that no one is offended if they do not celebrate Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You cannot take "Christ" out of Christmas! I just wouldn't work!