Thursday, March 20, 2008

Permanent Collection


I had mentioned earlier that would share with you my personal review of the play Permanent Collection; well last night a friend and I attended the performance and I must admit it was a "great performance." I enjoyed it immensely, the cast was very good they truly brought the characters to life and Professor Patrick Sims was absolutely outstanding.

The play is about an Art Foundation that has become the bequeathing of it's founder Alfred Morris whom bequeathed the controlling interest to Haywood (a college with about 800 students and no art department). The story unfolds when Sterling North (Patrick Sims) becomes the overseer of the foundation and discovers that there is a clause in the will that does not allow him to make changes he sees as progressive after he discovers that the real collection of fine art is stored in an climate controlled room in the basement, Sterling decides that he wants to give the foundation a glimpse of the 21st century and expose the secrets the foundation has hidden for the past fifty years.

3 comments:

WhozHe said...

I'd love to be there and attend a performance.

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

That seems like a very complicated plot, for a play, however if you enjoyed it, that is all that matters!

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Sounds interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed it.