Sunday, November 7, 2010

Perplexed




The past couple of weeks have been very puzzling for me. I've searched my mind and heart for answers, but to no avail. I don't know what it is, really. I don't know if I'm lonely, bored or incomplete. Work has been plentiful and rewarding, my social life well it is almost non-existing and intimacy is sho nuff absent in this brotha's life, hell I should at least buy my left hand a nice diamond ring since we have become so close. LMAO.


I'm so looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday. I just adore my family no matter how dysfunctional we may be, family is important and instrumental to our spiritual growth. So lets just say my bags are packed and in the words of Wanda (from In Living Color) "I'm ready to go."


I wish that I could report that my workouts are going well, but I have had an irregular schedule the past two weeks and of course I took that opportunity to slack. I guess I'll try and maintain a workout regimen after the Thanksgiving holiday. I have at least regulated my diet and refrained from certain pleasure foods.

I was going to elaborate on last weeks Elections, but no need in raising my blood pressure or anyone else for that matter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

JUST RELAX!

Moanerplicity said...

Find something you LOVE to do... & do it w/ full-throttle energy!

It's so rare that everything comes together at the same time in our lives. When the career is cooking w/ gas, the lovelife or social life suffers, & visa-versa. I wouldn't allow it to block your Blessings, my Brotha.

And if you get the blues over the situation, just remember things tend to shift for the better & most importantly: This Too Shall Pass!

Snatch JOY!

One.

Reggie said...

Yeah last week's elections don't exactly inspire warmth in me either. I will never cease to be amazed at how poor white trash will go out in it's millions to support a party whose policies do absolutely nothing for them. If anything, those policies reach out and smite them...and yet they'll show up early to vote for someone who couldn't possibly give a shit less for them.

Whenever I think of Thanksgiving I always think of my son. He was born on Thanksgiving Day; and although I didn't get any turkey that day, I got the greatest gift a man could ever have.

Don't sweat the frustrations of life my brother; besides there's always going to be more. Such is life.

Curious said...

"...I don't know if I'm lonely, bored or incomplete." I'm not sure what your question is that you need to find the answer for other than you're not satisfied and you don't know how satisfy yourself.

If that's it then all I can say is that some people will spend their entire lives looking for an answer that they would have had with them all the time. Don't be one of those people, or I should say one of us. You have to look inside yourself, realize who you are and then accept it. Good, bad or indifferent, none of it really matters because until you find out who you really are, you wont be able to find what it is that you really want or need.

Creative Me said...

Your feelings are totally understandable. Regarding the left hand and the diamond ring I would reply with something crazy that Yancy would say, " Like you getter get yours before there is non left to get". lol