Sunday, September 26, 2010

Leaves of Autum


Sitting here trying to decide if I should turn my heat on in my apartment. The weather has changed here in the Midwest and I'm one brotha that isn't prepared for this Fall weather and the quick season change. I can't really complain the past few weeks have been productive for the most part, I've had a steady teaching assignment and paycheck so all is well. What is missing is a steady partner, but I've been single so long that I'm really starting to accept the fact that maybe it is just meant for me to be single.

Spent most of the weekend reading and attending to chores, even tuned into some television. I was suppose to attend a college football game on Saturday, but opted out instead I ventured to the mall and I totally enjoyed it, not so much the shopping, but the people watching was wonderful. I did find a few items on sale mostly things for my winter cruise (yeah right, I'm going on a cruise alone). I'm anticipating getting away to someplace warm during my winter vacation.

Once again I'm setting out to get my body in shape (yeah, imagine that), I have dusted off my workout DVDs and books. I would love to have a body that favors that of Terrell Owens. I'm going to try for the next six weeks to eat right and workout. Guess I'll have to give up the beer... not! I will limit my beer intake.

7 comments:

Moanerplicity said...

It's my favorite season... especially here in the NE. Mad beautiful & you can actually wear some fly clothes w/out being cold or overheated.

BTW, re the exercise thing: Keep it simple by going back to the basics. Push-ups, can do wonders (for the chest,shoulders & core)... as do the things we were taught back in the day: chin-ups, squat-thrusts, dynamic tension, isometrics, etc.

Good luck, Terrell!
(smiles)

One.

fuzzy said...

I don't know how much a 25 year old can impact you, or how much wisdom I might have to share. But I will say every time I've landed in a relationship it happened on its own. I didn't set out to hold anyone down or to have someone hold me down. Maybe just have casual meetings and dates and let things flow with no intentions. My bf was supposed to be a one time fuck and I found a decent bruh. All by accident!

Where might u be goin on ya cruise? I wanna fly to hawaii for christmas and for my birthday go to italy. Whether finance allows it is another story, lol

U better do a pushup lol and a pullup too! A few crunches everyday or a lot every other day should serve u well. Remember to drink lots of water and increase cardio

Curious said...

If you have the guts to go on a cruise by yourself then you have the guts to lay off the beer for a few weeks. No pun intended.

TOY COUTURE said...

Chet I was just yesterday considering turning on my heat as well but thought I was loosing it!! And like you just started working out as of this week. Guess great minds think alike!! :)

And the guy is coming. Time ushers him in eventually...or so they say

Chet said...

Moanerpliciity: I agree Fall is a nice season, and of course getting to wear fly gear is always a plus. Hopefully, I can still fit some of my leather and other Fall gear. Thanks for the pointers on working out duly noted, thanks.

Fuzzy: By all means you can offer advice for you have wisdom beyond your young years. Great insight and knowledge. Thanks.

Curious: Guts? Whom stated I had guts? I feel you, I do have the nerve maybe the unmitigated gall to travel alone or give up beer. LOL

Toy Couture: No you are not alone, the weather is swiftly changing. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Unknown said...

I think there are a few things you need to do before 'he' comes along...enjoy being single for one! Date, have sex just have fun!

Reggie said...

We all need to exercise. I like the idea of being in shape, but I hate the idea of actually doing the exercise. Over the last year and a half I lost 40 pounds by giving up fried foods and red meat and going walking in the evening when I got off work.

Taking good care of yourself is a lifestyle change and it sure as hell ain't fun sometimes.