Saturday, July 24, 2010

Reflecting


I have spent the last couple of days reflecting and or reminiscing about when I considered my life to have been so much simplier; I suppose change doesn't come easy with me, but one thing for certain change it is inevitable. as of late I have not been myself, I'm going through some sort of change and it doesn't scare me much, because I know that it will make me a stronger/better person. I was dealing with a bout of depression a couple of weeks ago, but that depression has since subsided.

The other night I found myself in tears and I still don't know why, it could have been all the love I saw being displayed in the movie I was watching, or the music I was playing in the background while checking papers, the song was "I want to run to you." I have no idea why I was playing that song and a host of other sad songs; I generally play music that is upbeat.For some odd reason I just let the flood gates open when the song got to the part about "Each day I play the role of someone always in control, but at night I come home and turn the key there's nobody there no one cares for me." I just lost it, and that wasn't a pretty picture to see a man my age break down, I'm sure my neighbors heard me after all, I was in my living room and the balcony door was open, oh well.

Today has been a much better day, I found an ole friend on Facebook, now I have to decide if I want to actually contact him, not sure what to say. Guess I could inquire how his life has been since that morning he left me sitting at the breakfast table in Chicago. He had grown angry because of my best friend at the time Donald was acting a fool and I was wasted for the most part and firting with lawd knows who, but I had no idea that he had feelings for me, yes we had did the damn thing before, but never thought much of it after that, just sex. Well I found his profile on Facebook and he is just as beautiful as I remember him. Should I request him as a friend or just leave well enough alone?

5 comments:

Curious said...

Someone did that to me last year on Facebook and we friended. We hadn't spoken or seen each other in almost 20 years but I thought that whatever had kept us apart for that long would probably still exist, so I have not gone beyond an internet relationship with him. We have a history together and obviously not all of it was good.

What's to say that friending your friend on Facebook will be good or bad? Nothing. Only you can determine what the risks are and only you can find that answer for yourself. Only you can decide which way to go.

Anonymous said...

I think you should consider taking a chance. At least be friends once again, if you see an opportunity for something more then go for it, if you're cool just being friends then leave it at that.

If you never reach out to him you might spend the rest of your life wondering 'what if'or 'if only i had'...coming up with all sorts of hypothetical scenarios

& I don't know what it is about that Whitney song but it rings so true, they don't write stuff like that anymore

Moanerplicity said...

Time indeed changes people. Most times, with a bit of maturity, they change for the better... unless something very terrible and/or life-shattering happens along the way.

You KNOW this person while we who leave comments here do not. So, it would be best to examine your history, and then go with your instinct. When you sit very quietly, you might hear that small thin voice inside you. That's usually your God voice... And that's the One Voice you might want to listen carefully to... as it's rarely wrong.

One.

Unknown said...

HIT HIM UP, TIME BRING CHANGES IN HUMANS!

D-Place said...

Just wanted to say thank you.