Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Single Path to Happiness


What's good? I was sitting here in my living room chillin during the storm, the rain smells so good, and reminds me of my childhood, I used to love to play in the rain and when I became an adult I found myself enjoy walking in the rain especially with the significant other(Derrick) at the time, we would walk home from the neighborhood bar & grill just enjoying the down pour of the rain and our love for each other, those were the days.

The past couple of weeks have been good thus far, I only work part-time, which gives me the opportunity to do a few things I hadn't much of an opportunity to do when my schedule was full time. In the past two weeks I have had the opportunity to see the students perform Mac Beth, it was quite the experience. Sunday afternoon I attended The Madison Symphony Orchestra and I had almost forgotten how jubilant the sound produced by the orchestra sounds. I have taken myself to dinner at eateries other than fast food restaurants, shopped or mostly window shopped, but nevertheless spending time doing what I enjoy.

Jeffrey and I have been hanging out and chasing the few phine brothas roaming the campus, I have yet to come up with a winner, most have no interest being that it is finals and they are all excited about the new prospects that awaits them after graduation, besides Jeff and I are to old to be chasing them in the first damn place, Jeff is actually dating someone, but he needs validation from time to time. I have accepted the fact that I will probably be single for quite sometime, then again I have been getting some play from a couple of different dudes so there may be a chance after all, in fact one brotha is slightly older than myself, and very easy to talk with, he has history, but don't we all.

4 comments:

fuzzy said...

I was reading this post and my mind drifted into imagination thinking of a spoofed version of MacBeth! How funny would a spoof of macbeth be? lmao

Glad things are going well and I'm gonna need you to tackle a phone brotha and hold him down... FIND A WINNER!!!

D-Place said...

Glad you're doing well. I think the brotha with the history might be your best choice. That is if he doesn't let his history control his possibilities of happiness. Or am I hoping all that for myself. Nah for both of us.

Curious said...

I don't know how many times I've seen the Scottish Play, but I never really been able to follow it. Just too many people come in and say just 3 lines and then you never see them again.

I hear you about the rain. There is nothing better than a good rain storm in middle of summer wherever you are. Unlike the constant drizle we are having in South Jersey in spring which is just annoying.

As for them young boys on campus I have just 1 word to say, Kewon. Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

ewww...rain smells like a wet dog..


how are you, first time here