Saturday, January 15, 2011

Somewhere in my lifetime



Today I celebrate the day of my birth along with that of: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, today he would have been eighty two years old. I won't say how old I turned today, but lets just say I'm about ten years older than the game of UNO and about fifteen years younger than Ebony magazine;then again at my age whom can remember? I don't have a problem growing older because my heart still feels young and very often my mind is the immature one in this matter so staying young at heart has been good to me, now it would be nice if I didn't find gray hair in unmentionable places and not to mention I shave my head on a regular basis to keep the gray from showing, although I do like the salt and pepper look on some men it just doesn't work well on me, but if it did I would wear it proudly.

I have no big or small plans for today in fact I have some reading to do and a few chores around the house that needs to be taken care of then and only then will I venture out to the club with the fellas for a beer or two. I intend on treating myself to a nice gift, but thought Visa might want a payment first before I go charging large items to their card.

3 comments:

Curious said...

This week I bought myself a moderately priced wooden recorder to replace the cheap plastic recorder that I had put down since grade school and tossed aside somewhere. For $30 it's already given me at least 20 minutes of pleasure and frustration for which I will say that it might be the best investment that I've made in a long time. My sister gets a kick out of going to the Ritz Carlton Hotel and ordering tea and sandwichs or cakes in their lobby, probably for a lot more than what it's worth but a lot less than what it would to be in Tiffany's or the Coach store.

My point is, you don't have to put another Visa employee's child through college again. Just put your hand in your pocket and with the change get something or do something that will raise your spirits a little. You'll find the best gift that will ever give yourself will not be the one that you think defines you but the one that makes you happy to be you.

Happy Birthday!

Moanerplicity said...

Wow! I'd no idea we were born under the same sign. Sometimes I get a little arrogant when considering some of the folks who share the same astrological sign:

Dr. King, Ali, Elvis, Bogart, Cary Grant, Denzel, Aaliyah, Mary J, Cuba G, James Earl Jones, Anthony Hopkins, Ben Franklin, Michelle Obama, & oh, a man named Jesus Christ.

Meanwhile, your grays aside, I hope you were good to YOU, that you honored yourself justly, treated yourself as if YOU MATTERED, b/c if one can't do that, guilt-free, on one's natal day, when exactly is the time?

Happy Birthday, Chet!

Snatch JOY!

One.

Lin

Reggie said...

Happy Birthday brother!!!

My older sister's birthday is the day after tomorrow. I guess I need to give her a call and send her some flowers or something.

Anyway, once again happy birthday brother!!! ....and many more!!!